Our founder Bea Humphreys began rescuing and caring for animals long before we incorporated in 1969. For 19 years, she used her garage as the first wildlife rehabilitation center. Today, over 60 staff and hundreds of volunteers carry on Bea’s mission as the South Florida Wildlife Center, which rescues and rehabilitates over 12,000 wild animals every year.
Since 2009, we have been a proud affiliate of The Humane Society of the United States, further expanding our ability to serve South Florida’s wildlife and community.
Our Financials and Annual Reports
We are committed to transparency and accountability, and if you would like to learn more about our accomplishments and operations, please explore our annual reports and financial statements below.
SC No. CH3162 A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE, WITHIN THE STATE, 1-800-HELP-FLA.
Form 990, Return of Organization Exempt from Income Tax
Audited Financial Statements
- 2018 HSUS and Affiliates Consolidated Financial Statements
- 2017 HSUS and Affiliates Consolidated Financial Statements
- 2016 HSUS and Affiliates Consolidated Financial Statements
- SFWC 2018 Schedule of Functional Expenses
- SFWC 2017 Schedule of Functional Expenses
- SFWC 2016 Schedule of Functional Expenses