Our founder Bea Humphreys began rescuing and caring for animals long before we incorporated in 1969. For 19 years, she used her garage as the first wildlife rehabilitation center. Today, over 20 staff and hundreds of volunteers carry on Bea’s mission as the South Florida Wildlife Center, which rescues and rehabilitates over 12,000 wild animals every year.
HSUS Partnership/Affiliation 2009 – 2020
In 2009 South Florida Wildlife Center became a proud affiliate of the Humane Society of the United States. This partnership helped the Center expand programs, increase intake, and further professionalize wildlife medicine and rehabilitation in the tri-county area. In July 2020, after nearly a decade of transformational collaboration and generous funding from HSUS, South Florida Wildlife Center returned to its roots and became an independent, community-supported organization.
We are committed to transparency and accountability, and if you would like to learn more about our accomplishments and operations, please explore our annual reports and financial statements below.
SC No. CH3162 A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE, WITHIN THE STATE, 1-800-HELP-FLA.
Form 990, Return of Organization Exempt from Income Tax
Audited Financial Statements
- 2020 SFWC Audited Financial Statement
- 2018 HSUS and Affiliates Consolidated Financial Statements
- 2017 HSUS and Affiliates Consolidated Financial Statements
- 2016 HSUS and Affiliates Consolidated Financial Statements
- SFWC 2018 Schedule of Functional Expenses
- SFWC 2017 Schedule of Functional Expenses
- SFWC 2016 Schedule of Functional Expenses