We have a variety of ways you can get involved in the Center’s work! See our volunteer opportunities here>>>
Becoming a volunteer
Volunteers must commit to a minimum of 8 hours per month. Shifts are in 3 – 4 hour increments so at least 2 – 3 shifts per month are needed to meet the minimum time requirement.
Those under 16 are not eligible to volunteer on SFWC property.
Students ages 16 and 17:
- Must attend orientation with a parent or guardian.
- Are allowed to volunteer unaccompanied by a parent/legal guardian and may not leave the property during the shift.
- Are required to complete at least 40 hours in three (3) months.
- Will get school paperwork signed upon completion of 40 hours.
- Have limited interaction with animals until contributing at least 40 hours.
Process of applying
- Carefully review the information above before applying.
- If you would like to proceed, please fill out the volunteer application.
- After review of your application, you will be invited to attend an orientation. If, after the orientation, we mutually determine this opportunity is a good fit, you will be asked to set up an interview to sign important paperwork, review the positions available and authorize a background check. Once the background check result is in, you will be contacted to set up a schedule and start volunteering!
- At the end of your orientation session, if you are ready to proceed in the volunteering process, there will be a $25 non-refundable fee that will cover items including the background check and one volunteer t-shirt.
Organizations that wish to volunteer can also email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a Day of Giving.
Rotational Internship and Veterinary Externship questions can be sent to email@example.com